Thursday, July 16, 2015

Almost there...more classroom pics!

18 more days until blast off! 

SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!



So I went into my classroom today and made lots of progress!

Although my room isn't complete...for now it is.
I can't finish until I have my class list so I can add personal student touches.  

Check it out and let me know what you think.  


This is the front of my room.
From left to right, terrific work board, white board, noise level, bravo board.  

These are my I Can posters.  I have put these in wet erase sleeves. 
I have one fore each Literacy station color and for Math & Writing.  

Although I will have the kindergarten standards posted I also have these.
For instance, if we are woking on (writing) high frequency words at the blue station
I would write "write popcorn words".  (I can write popcorn words.)
This is easier for kindergarteners to understand rather than the official standard.  

Click here for the FREE "I can" printable:


Noise level charts
This is a great visual in my classroom. 
 I have an arrow magnet that I move that points to the expected noise level
during different parts of the day.  

At the beginning of the school year we practice using each color voice.  
We also practice using our outside voice.  

This is a great way to help the students differentiate between the different voices.    

My Bravo Board 

I have 4 different color tables in my classroom where students sit.  
Each table earns Bravo Points when making great choices as a table.
For example:
*working hard
*sitting quietly
*working together

Once they earn 10 tally points the entire table gets a Behavior Buck.
We save the Behavior Bucks for our classroom shopping days.

Click on the link for the Free Behavior Buck printable:

                  
These are a few of the pom poms that I made to hang over my tables and at my stations.   


Standing at the back of my room this is on the right side of my classroom.  
My classroom library is on the left and my calendar is on the right.  

 My classroom library
The book bins are labeled according to theme, author, or type of books.
The books in each bin have coordinating stickers.  
The red tote has my big books and stuffed animals to use as reading buddies.
The reading buddies can be used during quiet reading time.  
The plastic bins of drawers have writing workshop items.

Another picture of my library with my boys when they were DONE!
(They were ready to go home)

These bins came from the dollar tree.  I labeled each one with monthly labels.
For every month I have specific themed station activities.  I store them here. 
This makes planning just a bit easier.  

 This is the back of my classroom.
This back wall includes my student cubbies and my alphabet.  
I use the table for my guided reading station.  

 A closer view


The back corner is my teacher corner.  It has my work desk, computer desk, 
filing cabinets, and book shelves.  
I store my math manipulatives on the wooden shelves.  
These wooden shelves also serve as a separation to my teacher area.  


These are my reward buckets.  
The purple bucket is my classroom bucket fillers bucket.  
We move the green pom poms into the purple bucket when we 
are bucket fillers.  Once the purple bucket is full we have a class celebration!

Our School Wide PBIS committee has created Gold Stars to increase positive behavior. 
Students can earn gold stars for making good choices.  At the end of each week we draw out one star and that student receives a special reward from the office.  
I use the blue bucket to keep all of the stars throughout the week.  


This is in the kitchen area of my classroom.  
I also use this wall as my art gallery.
I hang student artwork on this wall.
I am also SUPER LUCKY to have a bathroom in my classroom.

This is just a fun Trufulla tree decoration to go along with my Seuss theme!

Hope you liked stepping in to my little world of kindergarten!



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's about that time! Back to School Post #1

  In 3 weeks,  I will be back in the swing of kindergarten!  I started teaching when I was 30 years old and will be 45 this February!  WOW! ...