Saturday, July 9, 2022

It's about that time! Back to School Post #1

 


In 3 weeks,  I will be back in the swing of kindergarten!  I started teaching when I was 30 years old and will be 45 this February!  WOW!  That seems old!  HAHA!  

SInce lots of teachers are starting to think about the beginning of the year, I thought I would share what I give my students on back to school night!  

I always like to give my students something little and fun to start building the excitement for their first day of kindergarten!  


I usually make goodie bags full of goodies!  Last year this is what I included!  I usually change it up a bit depending on what I can find at Target Dollar Days, Walmart, or The Dollar (25) Tree.  The one thing that I always add is the Sweet Dreams Poem with the night time glitter.  

Here is the break down:

-a pencil
-a bookmark
-mini playdoh with a cute tag
-check out my work label
(hot glued to a clothespin with a magnet attached)
This is for parents to put on their fridge to show off work as it is sent home throughout the year.  
-Card with nighttime glitter
(Students save this card until the night before the first day of school.  They open it and read it with a grown up at bedtime.  I also added a kindergarten tattoo in with the glitter.)

Unfortunately I can't find the tattoos anymore!  Bummer!  

It's always fun to see the excitement when my students find their goodie bags in their cubbies on back to school night!  




Stay tuned until next time!  
For now, sit back relax and enjoy the last bit of summer break! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

It's about that time! Back to School Post #1

  In 3 weeks,  I will be back in the swing of kindergarten!  I started teaching when I was 30 years old and will be 45 this February!  WOW! ...