Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Alphabet Countdown: V-L (Counting Down to First Grade!)

If you have been reading my blog you know that my class is doing an alphabet countdown for the last  26 days of Kindergarten.  

Here is a link to my first Alphabet Countdown post:
In the last post I left off with the letter V.  

Here are some of the activities that we did for each letter!

Letter  V - Violet Day we all wore purple.   

Letter U- Umbrella day.  We had fancy drinks with Umbrellas.





Letter T - We madeThanks You cards to the people who helped us learn this year. 

    

Letter S - We sported our sunglasses! 
What goes great with sunglasses on letter S day...sombreros! 

Letter R - We wore our Rock Star Spirit wear. 

Letter Q  - The wedding of the letters Q & U
This turned out SO cute...
The handsome bride and beautiful groom


They had a beautiful destination wedding.
(Q & U taped onto projector screen.  Pick the destination and voila' you are there!)
Thanks Allison for the idea!  

I also found these cute pages from Kreative in Life.





I also found cute little "nuptials"  on Blooming in Kindergarten.

I took white bulletin board paper and made a runner for the aisle, sprinkled it with flower petals, and had the guests sit on each side.  

Put it all together and you have a beautiful Wedding ceremony! 

Of course we ate cupcakes and had a reception after.  During the reception we took turns showing off our moves down the aisle!  It was definitely a good time!  


Letter P - Pirate day
We followed a pirate themed scavenger hunt that led us to buried gold!  
(Hershey's Gold Treasures candy buried in chocolate pudding cups with crushed graham crackers on top.)

Letter O - We just ate Oreos!  YUMMY!

Letter N -Neon day!  We all wore neon! 

Letter M - (Best day ever!) Mustache day!  
I bought mustaches for all of my kiddos at the dollar tree.  We made mustache headbands and wore fake mustaches!  This day was a riot!  Here are some pics:

Love this lady!! 

 How cute are these headbands?!?!?

What goes better with a mustache than silly glasses!  

I love my job, can you tell?

Letter L - Luau
We all wore our fun Luau gear and did Hawaiian activities!

How can my job not be the greatest with these 2 ladies!?!?!?!



Stay tuned for my next posts to see what fun we had with the letters K-A!

Best quote of the day:
"Mrs. Gardner can I give you a hug for doing this alphabet countdown?"

Definitely worth it!  












No comments:

Post a Comment

It's about that time! Back to School Post #1

  In 3 weeks,  I will be back in the swing of kindergarten!  I started teaching when I was 30 years old and will be 45 this February!  WOW! ...