Sunday, May 1, 2016

A New Twist on the Weekly Newsletter - Video News

First I have to start out by saying that I truly love learning and connecting with educators.  Whether it is by reading blogs, Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, I love being connected!  

I have to give a shout out to one of my amazing colleagues, Carrie (5th Grade teacher) @CarrieDilley  for her awesome idea!  I follow her on twitter and saw a link to her weekly video news.  I was instantly sold!  I decided to give it a try.  
(I plan on doing a weekly video news along with a written newsletter.)  
Carrie's news is pretty high tech (I am not there yet.)  I literally pull out my iPhone record a few minutes and viola!  No rehearsing, no script, just tidbits of what we did and what will be happening the next week.  I add it to my youtube channel and send out the link.  

These are the ones that I have done so far:






I love how visual these little snippets are.  I can show the parents the popcorn words and what is coming home that week.  I can also explain any important events that are happening.  

I have had positive feedback from parents and plan on starting this right away next year!  
I would love for you to share links to your video news if it is something that you use! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's about that time! Back to School Post #1

  In 3 weeks,  I will be back in the swing of kindergarten!  I started teaching when I was 30 years old and will be 45 this February!  WOW! ...