Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Please don't pick!

WARNING:  
You may not learn a lot from this post!
It is just for your picking pleasure!

We have all had years where we have classes with A LOT of pickers!  And no I don't mean the infamous American Pickers I'm talking about nose pickers!

Every year you have them, but some years are worse!  
They're kids and kids pick, I get it.

But at some point you have to get them to stop.  

There are lots of different methods:


have them wash their hands
have them get a kleenex
have them sanitize
talk about why you don't want to them to pick
talk about germs
showing them where the kleenexes are located
(Have multiple locations)
showing them where the sanitizer is


You get the point... lots of methods.

Well this past year I had tried everything and nothing worked.
They tried, but habits are hard to break!  


I thought about getting one of these for everyone in my class.  
Just kidding!
How funny would this be!?!?!?

Now in all seriousness...

I did do this which might be just as bad (for me)!

But once again my kiddos loved it and that is all that matters!

Bonus...It worked!


After almost an entire year of nose picking, colds, and sinus infections,  
I resorted to creating my very own cold and flu crew!

Now I didn't want them to just use Kleenexes so I created:



As cheesy as this is -  it worked!  
My kiddos couldn't wait to use 
Captain Kleenex and Sassy Sanitizer!

So this year I am going to introduce these characters right away
along with this super cute book that I found at Half Price Books for $1!


Hope you enjoy!  Feel free to use any of my videos to help
"Keep your classroom healthy, too!"

I am hoping to make some manner videos soon!  






No comments:

Post a Comment

It's about that time! Back to School Post #1

  In 3 weeks,  I will be back in the swing of kindergarten!  I started teaching when I was 30 years old and will be 45 this February!  WOW! ...