Monday, June 20, 2022

 I am more than just a teacher...


Looking back, I started this blog in 2015!  Wow that was 7 years ago!  
In the past seven years I started strong and then I faded away, came back strong and then faded again on and off - on and off.

But now I am back!  This blog is going to be a little different than the past.  I'm changing it up a bit - why you ask...

because I am more than just a teacher!  


Like most of you I wear many hats - too many hats to name!  With every new day, week, and year, I add hats - just like most of you do.  

I guess my life is ever ever changing so with that; so should my blog.  What does that mean?  It means that I am not sticking to just teaching (mostly teaching) but I am going to blog about life, #teacherlife, #momlife, #wifelife, #reallife, #allofthethings, #life. 

If you know me personally, you know that my brain goes all over the place.  Having a conversation with me is not always (if ever) directly to the point.  We take adventures, side bars, "squirrel" (that's me getting completely off point), I guess that is all part of the fun of me! (or not)


So, here we go.. Let me start by telling you a little about me. 

Blog Refresh #1

Ten things about me:


1.  I have been married to Craig for almost 20 years!  We just realized that we have been together more of our life than not!  I am truly blessed to have such an AMAZING husband who loves me despite my quirkiness and shenanigans! 
#wifelife




2.  I am blessed to be the mom of two AMAZING boys!  Dillon is 21 and is a Senior at IU studying Molecular Science.  Tristan is 17, in show choir, aspires to be a fashion designer and is going to be a senior in high school.
#momlife

3.  I have been a kindergarten teacher for 14 years.  I have taught in 2 different schools in the same corporation.  
10 years at the first and 4 years at my current school.  I have wanted to be a kindergarten teacher since I was in kindergarten.  Looking back at my childhood memory book,  have my dream job!  In kindergarten I wanted to be a model (I am 5ft..), an astronaut ( I suffer from EXTREME motion sickness), and teacher.  Looks like dreams do come true!  
#teacherlife

4. I LOVE clothes! I seriously have a clothing obsession, I love shopping and outfits with flair! I save clothes FOREVER!  Who knows when they will come back in style!?! 
#life


Tristan in my vintage overalls from high school.

5.  Some people think I have a unique style!?!?!


  

Some people may say I have a signature pose!  
I don't see it! 😂

6.  I love food!  Why is it so hard to stay in shape when you love to eat ALL the things!?!?!  I am definitely a junk food junkie!   
#reallife

7.  I am 44 years old and didn't start teaching until I received my teaching degree at 30.  

8.  I am a Child of God who loves and accepts everyone unconditionally.  As a mom, my goal was to teach my boys to love and accept everyone, to treat everyone the way they want to be treated, to love, accept and not judge.  This is something that I continue to strive to do everyday!  
#reallife

9.  I have a cat, Mittens and 2 rescue chihuahua mixes, Molly & Chloe.  


 




10. I believe that a smile can truly make ALL of the difference!  

So thats a little about me!  Let me know if you have any other questions!  
Until next time...
Share a smile it's free!




No comments:

Post a Comment

It's about that time! Back to School Post #1

  In 3 weeks,  I will be back in the swing of kindergarten!  I started teaching when I was 30 years old and will be 45 this February!  WOW! ...