Saturday, April 24, 2021

Buggy about Learning

 Sometimes it is all about using simple things to make learning fun!  Making it different than the norm, adding a few fun elements and voila'!  


What you need:

Plastic Bugs
Easter Grass or party bag filler
plastic tweezers 
a bucket or container

(all of these items can be found at the dollar store)

The plan:

-write sight words on each bug with a sharpie
-students use plastic tweezers (fine motor) to  get a bug
-say the sight word and write it on the recording sheet

Recording sheet can be a sight word fill page or something different.  
This year I used a recording sheet from a TpT product I bought years ago.  

I used this activity this week during our insect unit and my kiddos LOVED it! 

Here are some pics! 





This activity cost $4!  It put a little twist on your typical sight word activity and that made 
all of the difference! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

It's about that time! Back to School Post #1

  In 3 weeks,  I will be back in the swing of kindergarten!  I started teaching when I was 30 years old and will be 45 this February!  WOW! ...