Wednesday, March 23, 2016

We've Been Seussed

Dr. Seuss week is one of my FAVORITES!!!!  Actually I love it SO much I do  Dr. Seuss for 2 weeks in my classroom!  I love Dr. Seuss, theme days, kindergarten, crafts, and everything FUN!  


I try to pick my theme days to go along with the books and activities that I do each day.

On Monday we all wear hats in honor of the Cat in the Hat.
We do rhyming activities and write about what we would do if the Cat in the Hat came to our house.




We also made super cute Wockets in Pockets.


On Tuesday we made Thing 1 and Thing 2 headbands, made a craft, and wrote about what we would say to Thing 1 and 2 if they messed up our house!   

We are crazy things!  


On Wednesday we read Wacky Wednesday and dressed completely wacky (crazy and mismatched)!  
This is the day I decided to try out alternative seating and guess what in spite of the craziness they were amazing. 

We also did a writing activity about Wacky Wednesday.  They turned out so cute!  

 
Crazy mismatched clothes with my teaching bestie! 







(Not sure where I received the original, if this is yours let me know so I can give you credit!)

On Thursday we wore CrAzY socks for Fox in Socks!
We decorated our own paper socks.


On Friday we wore green for Bartholomew and the Green Oobleck.
We made Oobleck, made an anchor chart, did some writing and had fun exploring Oobleck!


Love this freebie that I got from Mrs. Ricca's Kindergarten.

http://mrsriccaskindergarten.blogspot.com/2012/03/happy-birthday-dr-seuss.html


   





The following Monday we all wore our favorite color.   After reading My Many Colored Days by Dr Seuss wrote about how certain colors make us feel.

On Tuesday we wore Yellow for the Sneetches.
After reading the book about the Sneetches we made an anchor chart and created our own versions of  a Sneetch.  A heart-bellied Sneetch.

I got the craft idea from The Schroeder Page.
http://www.schroederpage.blogspot.com/2012/02/day-of-sneetches-2-dr-seuss-freebies.html




Look how cute these turned out!  


On Wednesday we celebrated the birthday of the AMAZING Dr. Seuss!  I brought party hats and we made a Dr. Seuss birthday cake craft!




Birthday Goodie Bags for my kiddos!
Love Target Dollar Spot for the Dr. Seuss goodies!

On Thursday we had a second hat day for Bartholomew Cubbins and the 500 Hats.
We also used this cute app.

 Dr. Seuss Camera

I took these cute pictures and had my students write their favorite Dr. Seuss book on speech bubbles.

On Friday, last but not least, we dressed as our favorite characters and had Green Eggs & Ham.

 

Our last day of themes!   Cat and the Hat and the Teacher of Things! 

Here is a collage of all of my little characters!  
How cute are they!  

Like I said I love Dr. Seuss!  I am already looking forward to next year.
One activity I did save for next month is the Lorax!  I can't wait to celebrate Earth Day with Dr. Seuss!

Dr. Seuss and his books are all copyrighted.  I do not take any credit for his books or products.  I am just thankful that he wrote so many amazing books for me to use in my classroom.






No comments:

Post a Comment

It's about that time! Back to School Post #1

  In 3 weeks,  I will be back in the swing of kindergarten!  I started teaching when I was 30 years old and will be 45 this February!  WOW! ...