Monday, August 10, 2015

The First Week

The First week of Kindergarten is cRaZy and it never goes as planned!
I did manage to get through 3 of my favorite books last week.
Pretty impressive!

So here they are and the activities I did for each. 

First book was Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten by Joseph Slate.

                                                                     

After reading this book we talked about what we did to get ready for kindergarten.  
I made a list on the board of what each student did.
We then did a readers response.  
The students drew a picture and I wrote what they did .  
I then made this into our first class book.  

We also read the book David Goes to School by David Shannon.

                                                                     

I created an anchor chart with a picture of David in the middle.  
As a class we came up with rules that we should follow (rules that David should have followed). 
I keep this anchor chart up throughout the year.  

The other book that we read the first week was The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn.

                                                                         

We did a reader's response page and a retelling page.  On the retelling page I traced the students hand in the middle and then we glued on Hershey kiss.  The students took this home and retold the story of the Kissing Hand.  

For different name activities and Reader's Responses for the beginning of the year 
check out my TPT Product:


This set includes Reader's Responses, Bus activities, and lots of name ideas!

This week I will be focusing on names and Nursery Rhymes. 
I will blog about that this week.  


Don't forget to check out the 180 Days of Flair link!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's about that time! Back to School Post #1

  In 3 weeks,  I will be back in the swing of kindergarten!  I started teaching when I was 30 years old and will be 45 this February!  WOW! ...