Friday, August 14, 2015

Getting Crafty

Here it is... my first time spray painting furniture!
So I inherited lots of great items in my classroom eight years ago when I 
took over for the previous teacher who was in the room before me.  
This is one of them.

This is a nice basic stool.  Although it is a little wobbly and green! 
There is nothing wrong with the green but it just doesn't match my theme.
What I wanted was a red and white bench with a Dr. Seuss blue top 
(you know what color I am talking about).  Well when I shared the idea with my husband he 
said that it might look more American Flag than Dr. Seuss.  I agreed so I went with red.

First step:
I sanded.
I didn't sand too much, just the parts that were glossy.  


  I am not the neatest sander!

Next, I taped off the edges and was ready to paint.
I am sure watching me use a can of spray paint (for the 1st time)was entertaining.
My mom, dad, and husband were all there to enjoy the entertainment.

Here is a picture mid process.
I will admit I was WORRIED!!!
UGLY!!!

After 2 can of spray paint and a few days to dry ...

Ta DA!!!  It looks AMAZING!
I must admit I felt pretty accomplished!
Now it is red and NOT wobbly!
(It was missing a screw!)

Look out! Now that I know how to use a can of spray paint I might be dangerous!  :)
Hmmm....what else can I paint?


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's about that time! Back to School Post #1

  In 3 weeks,  I will be back in the swing of kindergarten!  I started teaching when I was 30 years old and will be 45 this February!  WOW! ...