Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Why Little Smiles Big Sunshine?



This has always been a quote that inspires me!  I am a "smiler"...I love to smile!  When it comes to smiling why not?  Everyone loves a smile!  Smiles are powerful.  
Here is a link to read a little more.


Smiles bring happiness and happiness means sunshine!   

I am a teacher.  I teach kindergarten (best job EVER!)  What do I see every morning when I start my day...25 little smiles.
Smiles mean happiness ---->Little Smiles
All of those little smiles create Big Sunshine!  
Smiles=Sunshine
Sunshine=Happiness

And that is how the name was created.  


Now a little about myself and my hopes for this blog.  

I am a kindergarten teacher at heart!  I love it!  I have wanted to be a teacher since my first day of kindergarten.  Kindergarten was fascinating, fun, and one of the best years of my life.  I loved the songs, playtime, and we can't forget the letter people!  What I would do to have my own set of inflatable letter people!?!?!?  Do you remember the letter people?




As a kindergartener I knew that I wanted to be a teacher.  

I must be honest at this point... As an adult I never thought about teaching kindergarten.  Actually kindergarten was not even a consideration.  Who in their right mind would want to teach kindergarten?  I am not going to school to be a glorified babysitter!!!

Well...guess what I am a kindergarten teacher and I love it! I wouldn't choose anything different.

It all started when my oldest son began kindergarten.  There was more to it than nap time, playing, snotty noses and babysitting.  
Kindergarteners are AMAZING little people and they bring me lots of smiles and sunshine!

As you read my blog you will notice that I use lots of (!!!!!!)  I never noticed it until one of my husbands work buddies pointed it out after reading some of my Facebook posts.  My husbands response to my over use of (!) "You have obviously never met my wife."

I live life with lots of (!!!!!!) (excitement).  I talk with lots of (!!!!).  With  all of my excitement and energy comes passion!  From here on out I will post activities and ideas from my classroom.  These are ideas that I am using, have used, or going to give a try in my kindergarten class.  I am not pretending to be a pro nor am I advocating that all of my ideas are AMAZING.  I am just sharing what I do.  I am sharing my passion!  

Share a smile!  Remember it's true smiles are contagious!




No comments:

Post a Comment

It's about that time! Back to School Post #1

  In 3 weeks,  I will be back in the swing of kindergarten!  I started teaching when I was 30 years old and will be 45 this February!  WOW! ...