Thursday, January 21, 2016

January is for the snow! BRRR!

At the beginning of January I was wondering where the snow was.  Let me start by saying I hate snow!  I don't just dislike snow...I HATE SNOW!  
I know you shouldn't HATE things but I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY do NOT like snow.  

I have friends...you know who you are who say 

"We just have to have snow on Christmas Eve!"
Nope, we don't!
"It has to snow on Christmas!"
Nope, it doesn't!
"There is something magical about snow on Christmas!"
Nope, nothing magical about snow!  
The reason for Christmas... now that's magical! 

Don't you like to play in it?
Nope
Don't you like sledding?
Nope!

But... "Do you want to build a snowman" Elsa asks?
NO!  ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!

SO needless to say I was excited!  Maybe it wouldn't snow this year during the month of January.  :) 
Does the month of January kind of revolve around snow?  Well yeah, but I could be flexible!

So I spent the weekend creating a TPT product to use in case it didn't snow or if you are lucky to live in an area where it doesn't snow.  And low and behold guess what I woke up to on Monday morning?  
SNOW!!!!!  

It was all my fault!  I was really excited to talk about making a snowman out of mashed potatoes but o'well.  Maybe next year or I could just move to a warmer climate!  




Well since I didn't get to use my NO Snow product I did lots of other fun activities!

Thank you Pinterest for keeping my class exciting!




Check it out!
I was inspired by tinyartroom!

https://tinyartroom.wordpress.com/?s=aerial


We also made melted snowmen!



We finger painted white paint onto white paper and then we added a hat, scarf, & mittens from my Snow Much Fun Bulletin Board set.


Check it out here!


We used Popcorn word snowballs during literacy stations.


This was probably one of the easiest stations to prep.  I took sheets of 8 1/2 x 11 paper and cut them in half.  I wrote a popcorn word on each piece and crumpled it into a snowball.  my students had to reach into the bucket and pull out a "snowball".  They then read the word, wrote it down, and then made it back into a "snowball" and put it back!  My students loved this! 

We did different writing activities sharing what we like to do in the snow.
Do you know what mine said...
NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
I DON'T LIKE SNOW!

I was impressed with my students work!



These are two different versions from my Snow Much Fun Bulletin Board Set!
(Link is above in blog)

Here are a few pictures of my January Bulletin board.
(Banner is aso a part of my Bulletin Board Set)



But ultimately, despite the cold sometime we just had to get outside and enjoy the sunshine!









No comments:

Post a Comment

It's about that time! Back to School Post #1

  In 3 weeks,  I will be back in the swing of kindergarten!  I started teaching when I was 30 years old and will be 45 this February!  WOW! ...