Sunday, January 31, 2016

It's all about the 100th day of school....but don't forget about day 101!

Every year we have a huge celebration on the 100th day of kindergarten!
It is one of my favorite days!  Any reason to celebrate right!?!?!

I was bummed that I couldn't find my 100 star shirt that I made years ago for my 100 day of school! 
(Okay so it was totally my fault...I looked for it around 9:00 the night before!  It should have been in my closet.  I'm sure I am not the only one, but it should have been in the teacher section of my closet, everybody has one of those right!?!?!?!)

  
But no worries one of my fellow teachers came through! 
My Kindergarten Rocks shirt with an awesome 100 googly eye hat!

So the day was full of hundreds of fun things!  See what I did there?

The days activities included:
making headbands
 dotting our one hundred sign
 writing about what we would want 100 of 
what we wouldn't want 100 of
what we would do when we were 100
(Plus what we looked like- thanks to the aging booth app)
completing a 100 chart
100 tally's 
graphing smarties
decorating 100 
eating 100 snacks
painting 100 gum balls 
sharing our 100 collections




We were both sporting googly eyes!

Look at me!  
Thanks Aging Booth App!


The 100 day is one of my favorites but I thought hmmm...what about day 101?

So I came up with a few simple activities.

Of course we started the morning reading 101 Dalmations.  We then did a reader's response page that included main characters, setting, problem, and solution.

During literacy stations we did an activity I called "spot" the popcorn word (get it-like Dalmatian spots).  I placed black spots with popcorn words written on them around the room and my students found them and wrote them down.  


Last but not least we had a special snack for day 101!  
(I used leftovers from our 100 day snack)

Marshmallows and chocolate chips
(Dalmatian snack)

I am hoping to add a few ideas for next year on the 101 day of school!




No comments:

Post a Comment

It's about that time! Back to School Post #1

  In 3 weeks,  I will be back in the swing of kindergarten!  I started teaching when I was 30 years old and will be 45 this February!  WOW! ...