Monday, October 12, 2015

A Timeline - Through the Year

Okay... so I am a sucker for banners!  I LOVE them.  Banners for bulletin boards, banners for popcorn words, banners for back to school night, any where you can put a banner  - I put one!  
They are quick, easy, and look OH SO cute!  

So my latest banner is my timeline banner!  I saw a post on Pinterest where a teacher made a timeline on her whiteboard that grew as the year progressed.  It was your basic timeline with lines and months.  I loved that idea.  But like most things I needed to add my own flare!

My timeline is a banner.
(OF COURSE IT IS - you say!)

Each month is part of the banner with monthly themed clipart.  I laminated the banner so I can reuse it every year.  I then add a picture to the banner at the end of the month.  The monthly picture is something fun or special that we did that month.  

I LOVE the way it turned out! 

Here are some pics:

Our Bear Picnic


Our visit with Troy Cummings 

August & September

View in the hallway

Above my main bulletin board in the hallway.

I can't wait to add more as the months go by.  
I like that visitors can get a quick insight of what is happing in my classroom just by looking at my banner!

This could also be used for birthdays.  You could put pictures of your students on their birthday months!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's about that time! Back to School Post #1

  In 3 weeks,  I will be back in the swing of kindergarten!  I started teaching when I was 30 years old and will be 45 this February!  WOW! ...