Monday, June 29, 2015

My hands are high my feet are low, let me see you...

POP SEE KO!!!


If this picture doesn't make you sing...
Pop See Ko
POP, POP, See Ko...
Then you aren't doing enough BRAIN BREAKS!!!!

Brain Breaks are vital to my daily classroom routine!  
I do brain breaks consistently throughout the day.

What is a brain break?

Official Definition:
  1. Brain Breaks are a quick and effective way of changing or focusing the physical and mental state of the learners in your group. They are also a useful tool for students to use to help activate, energize and stimulate their brains.
Kindergarten Definition
When we have been working SO HARD and our brains just need a break!

When to do a brain break:

Brain Breaks are amazing tools for getting the wiggles out 
and helping students focus on the next task.  

-When you are loosing the kids
(not literally losing them..."Oh, No I lost Joey!  Guess it's time for a brain break!")
-After working on something for a long period of time
-After carpet time or story time
-When transitioning
-Just for fun!
-Although I do Brain Breaks every day, extra Brain Breaks are great rewards!

Where to find Brain Breaks:

YOU TUBE

Is a great place to find brain breaks but search with CAUTION!
We have all been there (at least once)  
Big screen ready, log onto YouTube, projected, UH OH! 
Not always G rated!

New plan:
Log onto you tube, find brain break, big screen ready, projected.
Show Time!

But even then you have to deal with advertisements.  Once again not always G rated.
So although I LOVE You Tube just use with CAUTION!

You Tube Searches that are good For Brain Breaks:
Harry Kindergarten 
Dr. Jean Songs
Imagination Station


Go Noodle


Go Noodle is a safe website full of fun, silly, (odd), creative brain breaks 
that will get your kiddos moving.  

My students love Go Noodle!  
This is the first year that I have used this website and it is a favorite!
Another bonus...
IT'S FREE!  You know me I LOVE FREE!
Just log in as a teacher and add a classroom name!



Go Noodle is full of different Brain Breaks.
Zumba, Yoga, Kidz Bop, YouTube (without the ads), KooKooKangaroo, 
Fitness videos, and one of my favorites Indoor Recess!

Living in Indiana, we have the weirdest weather!  Their are weeks during the winter when we don't get to go out for recess!  Imagine 2 weeks of indoor recess!  AHHH!   They are kids!  They need a break!  I am an adult - I NEED A BREAK!  So in my classroom, we get rid of the winter blues with 
GO NOODLE-INDOOR RECESS!  


You can pick from 10 different indoor recess mega mixes.  
The time ranges any where form 7 minutes to 18 minutes!  
Could you imagine 18 minutes of nonstop Brain Break fun!

My Class Favorites:
(When I played these particular songs my class broke out in cheers!)

Koo Koo Kangaroo
Dinosaur Stomp
Awesome Rainbows
JK
PopSeeKo

Random songs
Kitty High Five
Disco Brain

Once again this post is my opinion!  
It is just a peek at what I do in my kindergarten class!
(And yes I brain break with them!)
...to be a fly on my wall!
So don't be shy and check it out.  

You don't have to thank me now... because once you hear 
Pop See Ko and Kitty High Five 
it will forever be engrained in your head!

Kitty high five...
kitty high five...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's about that time! Back to School Post #1

  In 3 weeks,  I will be back in the swing of kindergarten!  I started teaching when I was 30 years old and will be 45 this February!  WOW! ...