Saturday, January 28, 2017

Who knew...double dice!?!?!? Easy double dice activities!

So I bought these dice and underestimated how cool they were!  

 I used them at math stations and my kiddos loved them!
I used the double dice with addition, but I am sure you could use it for subtraction and multiplication.  

While working on addition my students rolled the dice and then wrote a number sentence and solved.  Super simple, no extra planning, just dice, a pencil, and a blank pice of paper!

I also try to differentiate all of my activities.  I feel the key to differentiating is "differentiating smart"  take what you are already doing and tweak it.  I use to think I had to create an entirely different activity for my higher students, but I got smart!

So for my higher students they would roll and add the 2 dice write the number (this would be the first number in their number sentence) roll and add the dice again (this would be he second number in the number sentence).  Then they would solve.  Voila'!  Differentiation!

All it took was a set of double dice to make math fun!






Double dice "war" game


What you need:

2 sets of 10 unifix cubes (2 different colors)
2 double dice

I put students into groups of two (Three could work) They each rolled the dice and added the 2 numbers.  
Whoever has the biggest number has to give a unifix cube to the other person.  
Play continues until one person is out of cubes or until you have to stop the game, at that point the person with the most cubes wins.  

My students had so much fun with this game they wanted to play it in their free time!

Once again super easy but my kiddos loved it!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's about that time! Back to School Post #1

  In 3 weeks,  I will be back in the swing of kindergarten!  I started teaching when I was 30 years old and will be 45 this February!  WOW! ...